Kerala PSC recently issued an online invitation for applications for the position of Steward at the Department of Tourism. Only qualified individuals who have completed the One Time Registration Scheme are invited to apply for the aforementioned position in the Kerala Government Service. Prior to applying for the position, candidates must register on the Kerala Public Service Commission’s official website through the One Time Registration Scheme. If a candidate has already registered, their profile can be utilised to apply.
There are two open positions. The Commission’s ranked list of selected candidates published in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum of one year, provided that the said list remains in force until the publication of a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year, or until the expiry of three years, whichever comes first.
The age range is 18 to 36. Only individuals born between January 2, 1987 and January 1, 2005 (both dates inclusive) are eligible to apply for this position. Other backward communities and applicants from SC/ST are eligible for the usual age relaxation.
- S.S.L.C. or equivalent qualification required.
- Pass the Certificate course in Restaurant and Counter Service offered by the Government Food Craft Institute, or any other qualifications recognised by the government as equivalent.
- Bungalow management and catering experience in Indian, European, and other foreign styles.
- Knowledge of keeping catering and house stock accounts.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, May 31, 2023, at 12 a.m.
How to Apply?
- Candidates must register on the Kerala Public Service Commission’s official website, http://www.keralapsc.gov.in, in compliance with the ONE TIME REGISTRATION policy before applying for the position.
- Candidates who have registered can submit their application by signing into their profile with their User-ID and Password. Candidates can apply for a position by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ option next to the applicable positions in the notice link.
- The photograph submitted must have been taken after December 31, 2012. Candidates who begin developing their profiles on January 1, 2022, must offer a photo taken within the previous six months.
- Print the candidate’s name and the date the photo was taken clearly at the bottom.
Mode of Selection
- As part of the selection process, written/OMR/online tests are offered, and candidates must confirm their attendance by using their One Time Registration accounts. Only such candidates can create and download entry tickets prior to the test’s 15-day deadline.
- Candidates’ applications will be rejected if they do not offer confirmation within the time frame specified. The Exam Calendar will include the dates for confirmation submission and the availability of Admission Tickets.
- This information will be contained in the candidate profiles and cell phone numbers registered there.