Indian nationals with exceptional academic credentials, the capacity to develop a dynamic research programme, and a love for instruction are encouraged to apply for selection as Assistant Professors (Grade 1) on the “tenure track” at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM). There will be appointments in the academic fields of biology, chemistry, and physics.
Applications must be submitted online in accordance with the website’s instructions. Applications that are not comprehensive or backed by the necessary papers won’t be taken into account. On March 1, 2023, the application portal will go live. The application deadline is March 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. IST.
IISER TVM Assistant Professors: Salary
The minimum compensation for Grade I Level 12 Cell 1 is INR 1,01,500 plus HRA, travel expenses, and pension benefits under the New Pension Plan (NPS) of the Government of India. (Gross salary, minus HRA, will be around Rs. 1,45,038/- per month.)
IISER TVM Assistant Professors: Eligibility
Ph.D. with a first class or equivalent in the previous degree in the relevant branch, together with an excellent academic record overall. Age should be under 35 and have at least three years of experience in research, teaching, or industry, excluding time spent pursuing a doctorate.
IISER TVM Assistant Professors: Vacancies
IISER TVM Assistant Professors: Preferred areas of expertise
- Infection biology
- Human genetics and genomics
- Systems and synthetic biology
- General inorganic chemistry
- Chemical biology
- Atomic and molecular physics, Quantum optics and photonics
- Soft and active matter, Fluid dynamics
IISER TVM Assistant Professors: General Instructions
- The National Institute of Technology (Amendment) Act of 2012 (also known as the National Institute Technology Science Education Research (NITSER) Act) and any subsequent amendments thereto, as well as the IISER Statutes, will govern the selection of faculty members.
- The appointment at the level of Assistant Professor at IISER TVM is on contract for five years under the tenure-track system. A selection committee will evaluate the faculty applicant for employment as an associate professor at the conclusion of this time. The chosen individual will be given a permanent post with tenure. The contract period will be extended for two more years in the same grade if the selection committee’s evaluation does not result in the appointment as an associate professor.
- If applicable, submitted certificates for OBC-NCL/ST/SC/PWD must be valid.
- A no-objection certificate should be submitted by candidates who work for government organisations, institutions, universities, or public sector enterprises.
- No questions about the choices will be answered in any way.
- Only those applicants selected for presentations and subsequent interviews by the institute will be contacted. The eligibility requirements are merely the absolute minimum, and merely meeting them will not entitle any applicant to a call for an interview.
- The institute retains the right to decline to fill any listed vacancy for any reason. In all cases, the Institute’s decision is final and enforceable. If there are any legal conflicts, they must be resolved in Thiruvananthapuram’s court of law.