UPSC holds the CDS Exam twice a year for applicants who want to join the Indian Air Force, Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, or Officer’s Training Academy. Candidates who pass the written exam will be invited to an interview and a medical examination for final selection. On the 17th of May 2023, the detailed advertisement and official UPSC CDS 2 notification for the CDS (II) 2023 Examination were released, providing all the relevant details for the test such as vacancies, important dates, methods to apply, and other details. Because the CDS 1 notification for the Course beginning in July 2024 has been issued on upsc.gov.in, we have provided a direct link to download the CDS 2 Notification 2023 here.
UPSC CDS 2023: Important dates
|Notification Release Date||17th May 2023|
|Online Registration Start Date||17th May 2023|
|Online Registration End Date||06th June 2023 (06:00 pm)|
|Last Date to Pay Fee||06th June 2023 (06:00 pm)|
|Admit Card Release Date||August 2023|
|Exam Date 2023||03rd September 2023|
UPSC CDS 2023: Vacancy
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||32|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) SSC Men||169|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai SSC Women||17|
UPSC CDS 2023: Application Fees
The CDS Exam 2023 examination fee is Rs. 200/- for all categories except SC/ST/Females. Fees are waived for candidates who are SC/ST/female. Payment can be made online or offline using Net Banking, Mastercard/Debit Card, or cash deposit in any SBI Bank branch.
UPSC CDS 2023: Eligibility
A candidate must be an Indian citizen, a subject of Nepal/Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanent settlement, or an individual of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, or Vietnam with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
|I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy||A graduating degree (in any topic) from a recognised university or equivalent is required.|
|Indian Naval Academy||The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in engineering from a recognised university/institution.|
|Air Force Academy||A bachelor’s degree from a recognised university (with Physics and Mathematics at the 10+2 level) or a Bachelor of Engineering is required.|
The candidate should be between the ages of 20 and 24.
Only unmarried males are eligible to apply for the CDS Exam for Indian Military Academy and Indian Naval Academy. Both married and unmarried males may apply to the Indian Air Force Academy; however, marriage during training is not authorized. Unmarried males and ladies can apply for the Officer Training Academy via the CDS Exam.
UPSC CDS 2023: How to Apply?
- Visit the UPSC’s official website, http://www.upsc.gov.in, or apply straight from the aforementioned link.
- Click Examination >> Active Examinations >> on the homepage. UPSC CDS 2 Exam Online Application.
- Select “Part-1” for Combined Defence Examination (II) 2023.
- Read all of the instructions carefully before pressing the “Yes” button.
- You will be redirected to a new page; begin correctly filling out your information.
- Continue to Part II after carefully selecting your options.
- Pay the requisite application cost online or in person, as indicated above.
- Choose the desired exam centre from the list.
- Please upload scanned papers as specified on the application form.
- Check all of the information and then press the “Submit” button. Save a copy of the UPSC CDS 2 application form 2023 for future use.